I did a good hour workout today. I think I might have a mild hernia from doing situps last night at the gym so I took it easy on the situps and did crunches instead. My father and I have figured out a rotation of 15 minutes of stretching/warmup, 15 minutes of low weight high rep freeweights, 30 minutes of cardio. Situps and pushups occur in the 15 minute warmup period.
An additional benefit of working out is I get to spend more time with my father. I want to chat with him more while I work out, but I have noticed something interesting. Since I have begun working out, it seems like my mind has to take a backseat while I work out, so carrying a conversation and walking on a treadmill is a bit difficult. I think this is partly because I have to be very mindful of the treadmill due to my weight, I can easily make it stall.
So here is hoping that the sluggish mindfunk goes away, which I am sure it will. I have been doing my diet for nearly 4 weeks now, and starting my workout regime around week 4 has been my plan from the get-go. Hopefully my masterplan of working both my mind out as well as my body out at the same time will begin to reach fruition. Oh and my dad is way too hard on himself, as an afterthought., because I know he reads these :)
No comments:
Post a Comment