I find that sustaining a high fat and protein diet can be a challenge, especially if you are in company of those who are not doing the diet. It can especially be a challenge finding a resturant that caters to your lifestyle choice. It seems like almost everything in America has some form of sugars or high fructose corn syrup in it. (I refuse to call it corn sugar, link 2)
However, for carb-friendly dieters,here is a God among resturants, namely Mongolian BBQ (warning autoplying video) This resturant allows you to build your own stirfry from frozen ingredients, such s beef, pork, lamb, chicken, seafood meats, as well as vegetables and a variety of sauces. You take your combined ingredients up to a large circular grill where 'professional grillers' cook it in front of you. While you pay per bowl, and it can get pricey, this style of resturant allows the ultimate in control over your diet, even if you arn't on the ketogenic paleo diet. I went today and noticed they added a nutrition value (including carbs) above the sauces bar for even more control over exactly what you eat.
I had a combination of beef tenderloin and lamb, with shredded carrots and broccoli, grilled together with a 3g carbs/serving chili-garlic sauce. While it wasn't the best creation I have ever made there, it was pretty tasty. Lamb is new on their menu for a limited time, and it has a distinct texture, however the overpowering taste of the chiligarlic sauce made it hard to distinguish and subtle difference of flavor between it and beef.
All in all, the two biggest positives about Mongolian BBQ is the customizability of your meal (you'll never eat the same thing twice) as well as the control over exactly what you eat. Adding the nutrition value to the sauces was a good move and I hope they keep doing that, and keep it updated. If you are on the carb-friendly diet and need a place to grab something to eat, this would be my recommendation.
No comments:
Post a Comment